Rehabilitate or train with our AlterG® anti-gravity treadmill
Using NASA Differential Air Pressure technology our Anti-Gravity Treadmill empowers people to move in new ways and without pain – to recover mobility, improve wellness, and enhance physical performance. Across the world The AlterG has helped millions of people to shorten orthopaedic recovery times, manage neurological conditions and chronic disease, build strength and endurance while ageing, and increase athletic performance helping to reach their goal and achieve better outcomes.
The AlterG enables you to move without pain or interference to natural gait mechanics. Use the Anti-Gravity Treadmill to get fitter and stay healthier:
- Unweights you from 100% to as low as 20% of your body weight in precise 1% increments for low-impact, pain-free movement.
- Unique technology allows for normal gait and balance unlike hydrotherapy or harnesses – for superior weight-supported walking, running, and closed kinetic-chain exercise.
- Real-time gait data, pain recording, and live video monitoring improve clinical decision-making on the fly with objective, measurable information and visual feedback for improved outcomes.
For the sports person
Recover sooner and train smarter for peak performance
For athletes interested in rehabbing faster, training while protecting or recovering from an injury or surgery, or increasing training volume while minimizing stress-related injuries, AlterG® allows you to achieve your goals sooner and smarter. AlterG’s Anti-Gravity Treadmill® technology can be found in the training rooms of professional sports teams, Olympic training centres, and sports science facilities around the world and now in our Physiotherapy clinic.
It can help athletes start their recovery from injury sooner, train longer, run faster, and build cardiovascular fitness. All safely, naturally, and with minimal impact and joint stress by reducing the forces of gravity.
- Supports normal gait mechanics and avoids development of compensatory strategies – unlike conventional body weight support alternatives such as hydrotherapy.
- Real-time gait data and video monitoring help you use visual feedback to get better results faster.
- Limit downtime by training through injuries and enabling a return to sport in better condition.
- Enables earlier post-surgery training.
- Increase training volume while minimizing stress-related injury.
- Encourage range of motion, shown to improve outcomes
For Orthopaedic and Neurological patients
If you’ve forgotten what it’s like to walk or run without pain or the fear of falling, an AlterG® anti-gravity treadmill will help you experience a level of freedom you may not have thought possible. Whether you want to get back to life as quickly as possible after orthopaedic injury or surgery, or you want to gain strength and endurance while managing a neurological condition, chronic disease, or obesity – AlterG can give you new power to achieve your goals.
- Innovative technology supports normal walking and running biomechanics – unlike conventional alternatives such as hydrotherapy and harness systems.
- Real-time gait data and live video monitoring help you with immediate visual feedback to improve your experience and results.
- Fall-safe environment gives you the confidence to move like never before.
- Encourages range of motion, shown to improve outcomes.
- Walk, run, and perform exercises that help you recover, maintain, and enhance your balance, strength, and mobility.
AlterG® anti-gravity treadmills give seniors effective functional training to increase mobility, build strength and endurance, and reduce impact injury – all while critically decreasing fall risk and maintaining quality of life.
For seniors with an interest in active ageing, anti-gravity treadmills can change the way you live. AlterG allows you to move, walk, run, build strength, and improve cardio conditioning in a comfortable, pain-free environment. Keep your body active without the risk of falling or impact stress injury.
- Innovative system supports normal biomechanics – unlike conventional alternatives such as hydrotherapy and harnesses.
- Reduces the barrier to exercise for deconditioned, anxious, or high fall-risk seniors.
- Enables gradual progression of training to set you up for long-term fitness success.
- Provides support in a controlled setting for static and dynamic standing practice.
Try before you buy:
If you would like to book a free 10 minute trial in our Stowmarket Physiotherapy clinic ring on 01449 763023.
30 minutes £ 20
180 minute (3 hours) package £100 (=55p/min or £16.60 per 30 mins)
420 minute (7 hours) package £200 (=47.6p/min or £14.28 per 30 mins)
720 minute (12 hours) package £300 (=41.60p/min or £12.50 per 30 mins)