Manual Lymphatic Drainage is a gentle rhythmical flowing form of massage. It is a powerfully cleansing, deeply relaxing, pain reducing and immunologically boosting. Primarily used to stimulate the lymphatic system and facilitate removal of metabolic waste, excess water, toxins, bacteria and foreign substances from the body.
Although anyone can benefit from Lymphatic drainage, it can be especially useful;
- as part of a de-tox or weight loss program as it may improve energy levels, increase cellular oxygenation and nourishment.
- to reduce oedema and swelling caused by excess weight by reducing puffiness.
- in helping reduce swelling from sports injury such as sprains.
- to reduce scar tissue formation pre and post surgery.
- for those who suffer with regular infections such as colds, skin conditions, digestive disorder, migraines, sinus congestion and allergies
- as a booster to the immune system.
Lymphatic Drainage has a positive effect on the circulatory system encouraging blood flow and can promote a feeling of positive well being, reducing stress and anxiety.